Friday, May 19, 2006

May 19th Day 9 Lazonby


May 19th Day 9 Lazonby
Originally uploaded by rhesus42.
Today's Track

If I had to pick a word to describe today's ride it would have to be 'dreary'. Yet again, rain was the main feature of the day. Cloud was also very low and firmly anchored to the tops of the fells.

Today's picture is the old bridge over the river Lune at Kirkby Lonsdale. I managed to take this before the rain set in.

The planned route for today included a climb up Garsdale to an altitude of about 1000 feet. I made the decision to take the alternative short cut when I got to Sedbergh. I also managed to get a support for my knee. It is still sore when I walk on it but not when I'm cycling.

The direct route to Kirkby Stephen was a lot more gentle than Garsdale would have been and shortened the route considerably. The last section from Appleby-In-Westmoreland recalled a family holiday in the area from a few years ago when we rented a cottage in the heartland of the foot and mouth crisis

No comments: